Today on Solaris + Apple Event
I registered to del.icio.us so I could keep track my visited web pages. You can see them at del.icio.us/ak37. I plan to post links related to Operating Systems [cs215 tagged] and Perl classes [cs220 tagged] over there.
I hope to blog my ongoing Thesis Project. So I could document the dev process. I added a special del.icio.us tag ThesisReference for my list of references. Currently it's filled with various links about Rails.
On the other side of the world, Apple launched some hot new stuffs:
The Intel Mac Mini:
- Now with higher prices!
- Core Solo with 60 Gigs for $599 and Core Duo version with 80 Gigs for $799.
- With integreted Intel GMA950 graphics. No more ATi Radeon!
- and Bluetooth 2.0, Front Row, Apple Remote, iLife '06 and 4 USB slots.
- And yes, the G4 Minis are out of Apple Store.
- At an
expensiveinteresting $99 pricetag, it's just a black iPod leather case.
- You still need to pull out your iPod to get the access the controls.
- Probably made from Steve Jobs' leather. (of course no, I was just kidding)
- Did I say it costs $99!?
iPod HiFi or iPod Boombox:
- A big bulky white speaker that includes an iPod dock
- No, it's not as cute as Altec Lansing's InMotion
Not a very interesting event. Lots of disappointment here and there (price hike, integreted graphics, overpriced leather case). Let's just hope Steve haven't jumped the shark.