My New DAP: Meizu M6
Remember my old post about the iPhone clone from China? Well the phone’s not out yet but I actually bought a 4 GB model of Meizu’s miniPlayer (mine pictured above). Here are the main reasons why I bought it:
- There is a great community.
- Good Reviews.
- Ogg Vorbis and FLAC playback (which triggers the F/OSS side of me). They even have a page explaining about FLAC on their web site which is pretty cool.
- Firmware updates doesn’t need any “Windows specific” softwares. All you need is to download, extract and copy. Plus the they actually update their firmware pretty often too!
- Drag and drop/copy and paste music loading.
- Standard USB cable (easy to find and replace)
- Customizable wallpaper
- It looks
like an iPodsleek, cool, hip, sexy
- It comes in black
- And last but not least: very, very cheap. Rp. 835k or roughly US$ 90. I bought this one straight from Mainland China, which explains the price. The same model is sold at Mangga Dua or Ratu Plaza at around Rp. 1.600k.
A simple tip to Linux users: add a file named “.is_audio_player” at the root directory of your DAP. It’ll make Rhythmbox and Banshee recognize it as an audio player device and load the song list.
As an update to my old post: no I haven’t bought any new mobile phones. Still sticking with my old T68i (the keypad is killing me though).